Wednesday 5 December 2012

ABOUT WNW - WEIGHT NAIJA WEIGHTLOSS



My name is Emese and I'm the proud wife of  a Yoruba man from Nigera. In my relentless quest for adventure, I moved from Hungary to England in 2008 where I met my dear husband.
It is not a secret that now our family -even our little boy- follow the Nigerian customs at home, even in our kitchen.

I had a great interest in dietetics and food for  a long time when I met my husband and when we were starting to eat more Nigerian foods I noticed that most of these foods were starchy foods.

 I also noticed some changes in my body. We love our Naija food but do not appreciate what it does to our waist lines. So I thought hang on we gotta do something about it because if we eat too much from these foods we will soon become "obese". So I started to study these foods and then I found out that obesity and obesity related diseases are quite common amongst Africans. And then I decided to set up this site where I will gather all the information that I found.


What are my qualifications? 

I am not a qualified dietitian yet neither am I a doctor. However I like finding out things that are related to the African cuisine. Currently, I am training to be a dietitian though.


Happy reading! Please comment.


Oh, and please check out my other blog:

http://whitenaijagirl.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment